Blagdon blue cheese tartlettes recipe
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Pies and tarts
- Savoury pies and tarts
- Cheese pies and tarts
These little tartlettes make a great canape and use Northumberland cheese. The pastry is one I pinched from my Mum a while back and is so simple you don't even need to be a French pastry chef to make it. I have used Blagdon Blue as it is an award winning creamy blue cheese.
5 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 12 tartlettes
- 50g butter, softened
- 50g Philidelphia® cream cheese
- 70g plain flour
- handful baby spinach leaves
- small handful chopped walnuts
- Truckle (225g) Blagdon blue cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt and pepper
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:45min
- Blend the butter and Philly with a wooden spoon. Add the flour (I never bother sieving but you probably should!) and stir to form a soft dough. Roll into 12 balls the size of a Brussels sprout. Using a spoon squash the balls into a mini muffin tray to form pastry 'cups'. These are now ready to be filled - no blind baking required thank goodness!
- Wilt your baby spinach, either in a steamer or microwave and then pop it in to a mixing bowl. Add your chopped walnuts and Blagdon blue (which I cut into chunks to make it easier to divide). Add the yolk to the mixing bowl. Season well. Use a teaspoon to share the mixture between the pastry shells but don't overfill. I like to put a little chunk of Blagdon blue on the top of each tartlette to make sure it is cheesy enough.
- Cook in the oven at 180 C / Gas 4 for 25 minutes. The tartlettes should be golden and ooozing goodness; if they are not quite there give them a little longer. Enjoy!
See it on my blog
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
I can't leave a mssg on your blog cos I don't have FB. Do you usually grease the tin holes? I've had problems with dough cup (not pastry) canapes sticking in the tin without greasing. Or does the cream cheese help that not to happen? Thanks!-26 Oct 2016
Great recipe. Very easy and delicious. I have been inspired to try other fillings. Your mums pastry is a hit.-28 Jul 2013